Hydrant Meter Rental/Tanker Fill

The Public Works Department rents contractors hydrant meters and offers tanker fills for obtaining large volumes of water for construction and/or building projects within the Village. An application needs to be completed with the appropriate deposit submitted to the Public Works Department before a meter is issued.

Two methods for obtaining large volumes of water are available:

Tanker Fill: This method is ideal for those who have their own tanks or tanker trucks and need to move the water to various locations. To request permission to fill a tanker at our Public Works Department, please fill out the Tanker Fill application below and return to the Public Works Department.

Contractors obtaining water from the Public Works facility for the first time must check in at Public Works to set up an account and to receive directions for the fill site.  A Public Works employee will meet the contractor at the fill site to explain the process for filling and how to properly fill out the required paperwork.

Hydrant Meter Rental: This method allows you to obtain water from fire hydrants for construction and/or building projects. Two hydrant meters are available for rental:

  • 1” hydrant meter is utilized for garden hose applications such as masonry work, power washing, general construction, and landscape watering;

  • 3” hydrant meters fit connections for utilizing fire hoses, which are primarily used for filling large tanks or tankers that need volume.  Large volume fill is allowed if the tanks or tankers have the proper backflow prevention device installed on the unit. Prior to contractors obtaining water, all tanks or tankers must be inspected by a Public Works employee for verification.  Please fill out the Hydrant Meter Rental application below and return to the Public Works Department.

(The form above is fillable. Open the PDF, download to your computer, click in the fields, and type your information. When you are finished, print and return to the address listed at the bottom of the application.)