Political Sign Guidelines
To keep Gurnee right-of-ways clear from signs that are in violation of the Gurnee Municipal Code, the Village has put together information for all candidates on guidelines for sign placement in Gurnee.
All illegal parkway signs will be removed by Village Staff. Signs in violation of ordinances will be placed near the dumpster at Village Hall, and will be available for candidates to retrieve.
- Signs may NOT be located in any right-of-way.
- Any sign deemed to be a visual obstruction to traffic may be removed.
- Signs may not be placed on any publicly owned property.
- Signs shall not be placed between sidewalk and road.
- No signs shall be placed in any median.
- If no sidewalk, sign should be behind utility poles.
- If utility poles are behind sidewalk, signs should be behind utility poles.
- If no sidewalk or utility poles, signs should be approximately 10 feet from road edge.