Lawrence Avenue and Route 21 Water Main Project
- Start Date: June 2022
- Est. Completion Date: August 31st, 2022
- Location: Milwaukee Ave (IL Route 21) just north of Heather Ridge Drive and Des Plaines Court, Lawrence Avenue from Grand Avenue to Woodlawn Avenue and University Avenue (Lawrence Ave – Briar Ave)
- Project Cost Awarded: $661,679.00
- Contractor: Campanella and Sons, Inc.
- Project Impacts:
- Narrow lanes and lane closures
- Sidewalk closures
- Temporary driveway access closures
- Temporary water main shutdowns
Lawrence Avenue water main replacement from Grand Avenue to Woodlawn Avenue. This project will consist of water main replacement along Lawrence Avenue (Grand Ave – Woodlawn Ave) and the installation of a new water main on University Avenue (Lawrence Ave – Briar Ave) to provide redundancy within the water main system. The proposed improvements will include a bore and jack installation under Grand Avenue and will require IDOT permitting. The length of improvement is estimated at 1,800 lineal feet.
The Village will also look to loop the water main that was never looped along the service road near Fire Station #3. A large portion of the main has been turned off and not pressurized. This project will include looping the Village’s existing water main on the existing service road adjacent to Fire Station No. 3 and Riverside Drive to the water main located west of IL Rte. 21. The length of improvement is estimated at 450 lineal feet and will include a bore and jack installation under IL Rte. 21.
June 29, 2022: The Village’s contractor, Campanella and Sons, has started directionally drilling water main pipe on Lawrence Ave. and Route 21. Next, the contractor will begin to prepare to bore the casing pipe across Route 21. As this project continues, the public should expect lane, sidewalk, and temporary driveway closures as well as temporary water main shutdowns. This project is expected to be completed by the end of August.